I’ve had my own experiences and issues with mental wellbeing and, although you’ll never hear me utter the cliché ‘I’ve come out the other side’, I’ve made real headway over the years.
The first thing I learned about counselling? It isn’t a magic wand. After undergoing individual and group psychotherapy, I was surprised to find afterwards that I was still the same ‘me’ as before with many of the same struggles.
However, counselling gave me a safe space to learn more about myself, my behaviours and my beliefs and, more importantly, tools to deal with them. Those tools transformed my life.
I’m now a full-time therapist myself, meeting with clients from all walks of life in the Liverpool area. I also offer counselling to those further afield, including beyond the UK and in different time zones via secure online video link.
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Transpersonal Counselling Psychology
- Member of and subscriber to the ethical practice standards and codes of conduct of The National Council of Psychotherapists and The National Counselling Society
- Mindfulness teacher accredited by the UK College of Mindfulness Meditation
- Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner (Level 1 & 2 with ‘EFT International')
- Trained in Marshall Rosenberg's 'Nonviolent Communication' (NVC)
- Several years' experience facilitating group therapy
- Nuffield Scholar: 'Supporting Farmer Wellbeing'
- Post-graduate certificate in Agricultural Health (From Australia's National Centre for Farmer Health)
- Named one of Farmers Weekly Key Influencers of 2018 for my work focusing on mental health in farming
- I undertake 30 hours of further professional development each year
- Full indemnity insurance